Our body’s internal defense mechanism works effectively against harmful microorganisms consistently since we inhale infinite microbes even with one breath. However, every now and then, a germ invading our immune system leaves us on medications. People with a weak immune system fall sick more often than normal. How can we forget the COVID-19 pandemic that has been taking a toll on people with weak immunity for over a year now?
But just like there thousands of microbes in every breath, our immune system also has thousands of white blood cells ready to battle anything troubling our body. In fact, a single drop of our blood can have up to 25,000 white blood cells to fight any disease. With that being said, several chronic diseases conquer an individual’s defense system by attacking these white blood cells in the absence of essential chemicals and proteins.
Reasons for a Weak Immune System
Our immune system has a tendency to react to anything harmful but that’s not always the case. A lot of times our immune system commits mistakes, reacting to substances not harmful to our body, causing what we call an allergic reaction.
Apart from that, certain lifestyle habits can also contribute to a weakened immune system. These everyday habits include, but are not limited to:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Unhealthy diet
- Being under chronic stress
- Missing out on important nutrients every day
Here are some great ways to improve your body’s defense mechanism against different harmful viruses, bacteria, and toxins that take over the body when your immune system is depleted. Adopting these healthy lifestyle habits can give you great immunity for a lifetime.
- Regular Walk & Exercise: Oxygen is highly-expensive when used for healthcare purposes. However, the same oxygen is available for free for all living beings if they are healthy.
Sitting around can result in a sluggish immune system. But you can experience the healing power of oxygen by simply taking a walk every morning or evening. On the other hand, you can also try the alternative of regular gut exercise at the gym or in-home. Regular
- Eating Healthy: The most important thing for a flawlessly working immune system is proper nutrition. A diet full of empty calories will not only contribute to weight gain but also make you prone to several infections. Plus, excessive weight is associated with many health issues that can deplete your immune system easily.
With a weak immune system, you should not consume sugar and alcohol. Instead, go for a natural nutrition-rich diet with antioxidant vitamins that can improve your resistance to infections.
Consider consuming different colors in fruits and veggies such as red, dark green, yellow, and orange veggies or fruits. These can include kiwi, berries, red grapes, onions, citrus fruits, kale, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, and many more. We know that eating all of these fruits altogether can be next to impossible. But there are some organic supplements that can provide you all the essential nutrients of fruits without consuming the extra fiber.
- Ample Sleep & Stress Management: Another reason for a weak immune system can be not getting enough sleep. Regular bouts with a sleep disorder can leave you fatigued during the day but most importantly, also makes you vulnerable to health problems such as flu, cold, and other infections. Poor sleep can lead to stress and increases the risk for diabetes or obesity.
Contrary to popular belief, medicines never heal us alone. Elderberry Immune support help immune system in recovering from a problem. If you have a weak immune system, medicines take more than usual time to treat a condition, whereas a body with a failed immune system cannot cure anything at all. Use these tips to keep yourself healthy with a sound immune system.