Apple cider vinegar is an accepted home remedy. It isn’t something new as people have used it for centuries in cooking and medicine. Many claim that it can relieve a wide range of health problems, but is it true. Below, we will explore science-backed benefits Apple Cider Vinegar and explain how it is an aid to weight loss.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
ACV is a vinegar made from fermented apple juice and is widely used for salad dressings, food preservatives, marinades, vinaigrettes, and chutneys. For thousands of years, It is been used as a health tonic.
How is it made?
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) is made by compressing apples and squeezing out the juice. Yeast and bacteria are added to the liquid for the alcoholic fermentation process – converts the sugars to alcohol.
During the second fermentation stage, the alcohol is converted into vinegar by acetic acid-forming bacteria (Acetobacter). Malic acid and acetic acid combine to provide vinegar with its sour taste.
Apple Cider Vinegar for good health?
It has various healthful properties, including antioxidant and antimicrobial effects. Evidence suggests that it may offer health benefits, such as:
- Reducing cholesterol levels
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Aiding weight loss
- Improves the symptoms of diabetes.
- Improves digestion as a natural laxative
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Increases satiety
- Lowers blood pressure and improves heart health
- Improves hair health
- Anti-aging properties
- Reduces bloating
- Reduces acne
- Kills harmful bacteria
And most of the health benefits of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) are endorsed by science – not just hype. However, apple cider vinegar won’t work miracles, despite being a fantastic ingredient. It won’t replace an exercise routine and a healthy diet but can enhance its results. It promotes health and helps you maintain it, but drinking ACV alone won’t significantly impact you. It would help only if you start taking other steps towards your health and well-being.
Helpful Nutrients Found in Apple Cider Vinegar
The health benefits of ACV are impressive, Right? But there’s more. It is also a nutritional powerhouse. Let’s look at apple cider vinegar’s nutritional composition to understand what makes it so unique.
Apple cider vinegar contains the following nutrients-
- Amino acids
- Only three calories per tablespoon.
- Vitamins B1, B2, and B6
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin C
- Pantothenic acid
It is used as an ingredient in natural weight loss supplements.
Apple Cider Vinegar Has Various Benefits For Weight Loss
Acetic acid is a short-chain fatty acid found in ACV that dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in your body. Various studies suggest that the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar may promote weight loss in the following ways:
- Lowers blood sugar levels – In a rat study, acetic acid improved the muscles and liver’s ability to use blood glucose.
- A decrease in insulin levels: In the same study, acetic acid reduced insulin ratio to glucagon, which might help fat burning.
- Improves Metabolism – Another study in which rats were exposed to acetic acid increased the enzyme AMPK, enhancing fat burning and decreasing fat and sugar production by the liver.
- Reduction of fat storage: Treating diabetic and obese rats with acetic acid protected them from gaining weight. It increased the expression of genes that minimized belly fat storage and removal of liver fat.
- Burns fat: A study in which mice were fed with a high-fat diet supplemented with acetic acid. It caused an increase in the genes responsible for fat burning. It resulted in less body fat buildup.
- Suppresses appetite – Another study suggests apple cider vinegar may stop centers in the brain that control appetite, thus resulting in a reduced food intake.
Various studies have made it evident that apple cider vinegar may promote fat loss as an ingredient in natural supplements. It can increase fat burning, reduce fat storage and appetite.
In one study, obese people who took 1-2 teaspoons of ACV daily for 12 weeks lost weight and body fat.
Taking apple cider vinegar in a moderate amount appears to promote weight loss and provide other health benefits. You can find a great selection of weight loss and daily nutrition supplements here.